What am I doing on My Tuesdays? An "Artist Date" is recommended in a some of the creative books I 've been reading. That means scheduling a date with yourself for creativity. Love that!
If I use My Tuesdays to make doctor appointments, clean house, or other maybe "not so fun" things, that is my choice. However, for the most part, I choose to give myself permission to NOT do the ordinary things.
Here are some of the things I may choose to do:
- Photo shoot at a desired location.
- Visit a friend or family member
- Take a walk or do a workout
- Make a lunch date with a friend
- Listen or watch personal development
- Have a technical free day (no phone, computer, TV, etc.)
- Writing exercises or reflections in my journal
- Take a long bath
- Update my living space to exhibit the current season (i.e. Fall leaves, Harvest, Warm Colors). I keep a lidded plastic container in the garage with "FALL" listed on it and easily bring it down to swap out my SUMMER items. When those items look tattered, I toss them and update with newer items (well, new to me - could be store, boutique, Goodwill, garage sale, etc.)
- Not answer the phone
- Learn something new that needs some concentration
- Call a friend at my leisure
- Sit on my swing with a beverage (cool/hot depending on weather) and listen to nature
- Take a break from answering inquiries for a day
- Read for fun
- Rest/Nap (doesn't a hammock sound nice? Perhaps I need that on my wish list. HeeHee)
- Not have play dates for my son (company/extra children after school)
- See a matinee by myself or with someone else (can be tricky on timing before school pick-up)
- Work on my "15 Minutes List" (baby steps toward projects that may take a while to get through... mine is currently a corner in our garage and also the "craft room")
- Play in my garden
- Write a "snail mail" letter to a friend or family member
Okay, take care! I am going to eat lunch while I begin day two of week three of the fabulous e-course by Kelly Rae Roberts)! I truly love learning.
Peace & Joy,